ACTIVE: Administrative Assistant/Strategic Communications and Events Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Director of Research
FUNCTION OF POSITION:
This is an entry level position for someone seeking experience in higher education, non-profit administration, and strategic communication. This person will be responsible for providing administrative and marketing/event coordination support to the staff of the Elling Eide Center. In this role, this individual will need to be organized, detail orientated, highly computer literate, and maintain of all company policies, procedures, and practices. This person should also have a willingness to learn about the Eide Center stakeholders (including their activities and work), the general content of Asian studies, and facts and history of the library and preserve.
Events/Strategic Communications (including social media):
- Manage marketing for conventional and social media marketing in the broader Sarasota community and working with content experts to create content.
- Manage strategic communication to higher education partners and Eide Center stakeholders to provide up to date information on funding and program opportunities.
- Manage all outlets for ticket sales and outreach to contact list. Create schedules for events, coordinate event tasks with relevant staff (travel, lodging, and so forth), be present for events.
- Track RSVPs for events, tours, and other programming. Distribute feedback surveys for all visitors. Maintain internal events calendar. Set up events spaces (lecture hall/seminar room). Greets guests and orient them to the facility.
- Create email invitations for events and publicize with community and higher education partners.
- Other duties as assigned
Volunteer and intern orientation/management:
- Recruit and manage potential volunteers for administration, library, research, and the preserve. Orient new volunteers. Schedule volunteers for specific events and times.
- Assist in administration activities, including collecting mail and packages, gatekeeping for tours and events, deliveries, and shipments. Manage corporate email accounts. Assist with payroll when DoO is absent.
- Handle and route incoming calls.
- Maintain office supplies and replenish kitchen supplies (water, coffee pods, paper cups etc) Monitor traffic on the property and control the gates and doors.
- Manage corporate email accounts and corporate calendar; drafts written responses or replies by phone or e-mail for the organization to be approved by the management; maintain corporate filing/record keeping; monitor gate cameras during business hours; basic housekeeping duties as assigned.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
General office environment. Ability to lift 40 pounds.
Bachelor’s Degree in journalism, business, marketing, hospitality services, accounting, finance, management, communication, or related field. Some knowledge of Asian studies and Asian history is required. We particularly welcome applicants with dual degrees in business/marketing and Asian studies.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
Proficiency of relevant software – Microsoft Office, Mailchimp, Word Press
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Experience with non-profit organizations
Some weekend hours are required (events and conferences)
Willingness to learn new material and communicate complicated topics to a general audience.
APPLICATION: Please send your resume or CV and a list of three professional references along with a cover letter explaining your qualifications for the position to Dr. Matthew Wells at email@example.com.
Compensation: Salary begins at $45,000 and is commensurate with experience.
Benefits: Healthcare and Simple IRA plan offered.
Hours: 9am-5:00pm Monday- Thursday (30 minutes lunchbreak)
Previous Job Postings:
Director of Research